Saturday, February 28, 2009

PAW in progress






These are pieces for my Providence Art Window that will be on display in June.
So far, everything is going pretty well. I wish I had time to develop more interesting
techniques in 3-D, but I'm going with what I'm comfortable with for now. There is
one more piece to work on, so I feel as though I'm in good shape.
Today, I started painting. I painted the backs, which made the pieces curl a bit,
which I expected. So, I began to immediately start painting the fronts as well
and that seems to have solved that problem. each piece will have some kind of
other materials; the blue dog will have fuzzy material for spots, the ram will
have felt for hair and beard, etc.
I'll post some new shots after I make more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment