Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Making of "Mildred"





For those of you that don't know, I've been working on a children's
book called "Mildred's Mistake". These are the finishes for that
book. This is my first experience writing a children's book and it's

taken quite a while to get to this point.
The first finished panels for "Mildred" were done in watercolor and
pen and ink, but they were a bit too pastel in feel. I've darkened them
up to give more of a feel of mystery that I think fits the story better.
I also changed the medium to acrylic and used a larger canvas
which really freed up my brushstokes.
"Mildred" is now out in the world and being sent to publisher's. I'll
keep you posted on what happens and new projects.

3 comments:

  1. It all looks good to me. I will certainly bookmark and add you to the list on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fantastic! So great to hear from you. Mildred looks wonderful. Love the rich hues and her beak and her caterpillar friend. That is, hope Mildred is a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is really vivid. Fabulous work, Roger!

    ReplyDelete